Ika SUMMER (2007)
- Ika SUMMER (イカSUMMER)
- DANCE 2 ~DJ KAGAMI REMIX~
- Released a little over 6 months after "Sayonara", "Ika SUMMER" was used in the CM for Kanebo Cosmetic's product "ALLIE".
- For the credits on this single, Yamato lists himself as "The Ball Game Does Not Betray Me. VOX"; Naoto lists himself as "Same as previous work".
- "Ika SUMMER" has a triple meaning title that is subject to differing interpretation. One is that the title means "fake" ("Ikasama" in Japanese); another interpretation is that it means "cool summer" ("ikasu" is "cool" and "SUMMER"); the final interpretation is the literal one, "Squid Summer" ("ika" is "squid" in Japanese, and the "SUMMER"). "Ika SUMMER" was the title that Naoto used for distribution purposes, but he eventually kept the title.
- Orange Range made two songs for the summer, but because the "Ika SUMMER" had an "atmosphere that felt like summer was ending", the song was released in April.
- "Ika SUMMER" is the first OR single to use the sax, trumpet, and recorder.
- The lyrics features a circus imagery. The PV features a circus as well; local Okinawan children were featured in the video, which was shot in a local Okinawan area. The bullfighting and the circus scenes of the video were shot at a park nearby. CG effects were used to light the band members' hair on fire. PV was directed by Takahiro Miki.
- "SJK06" is a re-arrangement of the song "Soujuuko" from the mini-album Orange Ball. The song has a different melody and lyric than the original until the end portion in which the lyrics are the same as the original (this is because that part is an arrangement that the band wanted to keep as a memorial).
- At first, the title "SJK06" was announced as "SJK07", but was switched to "06" because that is the year the song was produced. The song was also featured as "SJK07" at the live tour "FANTAZICAL."